Sunday, April 29, 2012

colour run

a fun run doesn't generally appeal to me as something that would be a particularly 'fun' thing to do in my spare time. i'm not much of a runner, and i've never done one before, but i probably wouldn't class shuffling in a solid mass of thousands of sweaty bodies as an enjoyable experience. it sounds more like christmas shopping on steroids...

but could this look any more fun?! - a 5km 'run' where you're pelted with coloured dust as you reach each leg of the race, followed by a party of live music and asthma-induced fits of happiness...what more could you possibly ask for...



i'm thinking it's all very much inspired by 'holi' - the festival of colour that happens every year in india - which is one thing that is sitting ridiculously high on my to do list at the moment. there are some incredible photos from getty images below, and a clip from variable which is just a little bit amazing, just like the rest of the work over on their site...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, this is so amazing. I've seen footage/photos from India before of this festival and always thought it's on my bucket list... seriously, what could be more fun?!

    ReplyDelete